New to Expecting Science? Welcome! Here are some of my most popular posts:
- It’s (Probably) Safe to Sleep on Your Back While Pregnant
- Back Sleeping During Pregnancy and the Sydney Stillbirth Study
- A Sudden Bump Up In Weight In the 2nd Trimester Is Common — And No Reason To Panic
- How To Learn Your Baby’s Gender at the First Trimester Screening
- Lies, Damned Lies, and Miscarriage Statistics
- A Threatened Miscarriage, a Subchorionic Hematoma, and How United Airlines (Nearly) Ate My Baby
- Light Drinking During Pregnancy: 7 Things You Need to Know
On Labor & Delivery
- Not Your Grandmother’s Labor
- Forget Sex and Spicy Foods: Of Natural Methods to Induce Labor, Only Nipple Stimulation Works
- Does an Induction Really Increase Your Chances of a C-Section?
- Your Due Date Is Wrong — So When Is Labor Most Likely?
- The Mythical Fertility Cliff at Age 35
- 7 Things to Know About Your Fertility in Your Late 30s
- Does Giving Birth “Reset” a Woman’s Fertility
- Egg Freezing: Can You Slow Down The Biological Clock?
- Nine Science-Backed Tips for Getting Pregnant Quickly
On Breastfeeding & Infant Nutrition
- When Is It Best To Introduce Solids?
- Let’s Face It: Formula-Fed Babies Sleep Better
- The NEJM Peanut Study: Is It Better to Introduce Allergenic Foods Early?
- Bedsharing And The SIDS Controversy: Why I Bedshared With My Second Child
- Vitamin D And My Daughter’s Diagnosis With Type 1 Diabetes
- Breastfeeding Benefits: The Real, the Imagined, and the Exaggerated
- Don’t Count on Breastfeeding to Help You Shed Your Baby Weight
- No More Milestone Talk for Me
- Criticizing the Science Behind Breastfeeding’s Benefits Does Not Make Me Anti-Breastfeeding